- Helps prepare baby to chew pureed foods
- Supports jaw, lip and muscle development
- Supports oral development
- Self soothe - sized and shaped for your baby to stimulate and develop gums
- Speech development - helps develop lip seal and muscle coordination for speech development
- Progressive feeding - encourages jaw and muscle coordination appropriate for each feeding stage
- Tooth care - textured surfaces help care for fragile new teeth
- BPA free
At first I thought it was pretty young for Maggie so I wasn't sure how she would do or if she would play with it since she's just about 18 months. She of course proved me wrong!
The nice thing for us was that she just so happens to be teething, something we go through regularly right now. She didn't get her first tooth until the day of her birthday. When we received this, she was working on tooth number 6. She really likes to dip it into water and then chew on it. Her very favorite thing to do with it though, is to bite it and then have me bite the other side, just like a dog toy....
This teether is very easy to grab because of the shape of it. It has little teether / handle parts on both side of it. I believe this would also be an easy toy for younger babies to grab and chew on. I am excited to let the baby try this out when he or she is 4 months old. Be ready for an update on this review in November.
The chewther is definitely durable and washes up easily.
My overall opinion: This is a great teether toy that is easy to hold for babies. I am really glad we got to try it out and will be trying it out again about 6 months from now.
Maggie however was being very stubborn and I wasn't able to get a picture of her using the Chewther. Every time I got the camera out to take her picture with it, she decided I had to put it in my mouth too.